“Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt” – William Shakespeare
Self-doubt is fed by your inner voice and, of course, is self-inflicted.
This podcast is very personal, which is probably why it took me a while to write it.
If there’s one struggle that I have had in life, it is probably self-doubt. The continual questioning that ends up paralyzing me, which results in me doing nothing and not going forward.
- The first step is to tackle the inner voice that is feeding and fueling your self-doubt. You’re the key to controlling that. Here are a few things that I came up with that have worked for me.
- Stay strong and be resilient even in the tough days, in your rough times. Handle criticism and the negative people who lash out at you in a more understanding and level-headed way.
- Stop dragging yourself down by always comparing yourself to other people and their lives. Oh, yes, the comparison game.
- Become more assertive by simply saying no. We don’t do that well, do we, ladies? Say no to things that are going to add to your self-doubt, or take away confidence, or take from you moving forward.
- Replace perfectionism with healthier and happier habits.
- Talk back to your own inner critic. Have a two-way conversation now in your head. Talking back is okay, because sometimes you got to shut it down.
- Find your most important dream and set your goals.
Work hard. Play hard. And your success should be celebrated. You deserve it, because you earned it. It’s okay.
This is THE podcast that advances women toward economic, social and political achievement. Hosted by Betty Collins, CPA, and Director at Brady Ware and Company. Betty also serves as the Committee Chair for Empowering Women, and Director of the Brady Ware Women Initiative. Each episode is presented by Brady Ware and Company, committed to empowering women to go their distance in the workplace and at home.
For more information, go to the Insights page at Brady Ware and Company.
Remember to follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts. And forward our podcast along to other Inspiring Women in your life.