We are joined by Anita Anand, the managing director at Brady Ware. Anita discusses the challenges of balancing work and personal life, emphasizing the support she receives from her family. The conversation touches on setting healthy boundaries, appreciating unexpected support, and the ongoing process of learning and leading with grace.
Anita and Betty also talk about the importance of building strong support systems, acknowledging the impact of mentorship, and vocalizing support for one another. They explore the significance of finding support in unexpected places and the value of prioritizing tasks to avoid burnout.
“And then sometimes we can learn from other people’s, you know, mistakes and journeys and challenges, and, you know, we don’t have to necessarily reinvent the wheel ourselves, so that’s always encouraging.”
— Anita Anand
1. Building a support system is essential for navigating the challenges of work-life balance and professional growth. Anita Anand’s advocacy for support from her family and community underscores the significance of surrounding oneself with a strong network.
2. Embracing change and self-discovery is a continuous journey. Anita Anand’s career pivots and emphasis on being open to change and taking leaps of faith underscore the importance of adapting to new opportunities and experiences.
3. Setting healthy boundaries is crucial for maintaining personal well-being and managing professional responsibilities. Both Betty Collins and Anita Anand stress the importance of prioritizing tasks and commitments to avoid burnout.
4. Learning to accept failure and make mistakes is a vital aspect of personal and professional development. Acknowledging the role of failure and accepting it as part of the learning process is essential for growth and resilience.
5. Support can emerge from unexpected places and individuals. Anita Anand’s reflection on the impact of mentors like Beth Blake highlights the value of seeking and recognizing support in diverse forms.
6. Teamwork and collaboration play a significant role in business success. Anita Anand’s emphasis on the value of building a supportive team underscores the impact of collaboration and communication within professional environments.
7. Recognizing the support available and vocalizing support for others is essential, especially within the context of women empowering each other. Both Betty Collins and Anita Anand stress the importance of verbalizing and appreciating the support received and given.
8. Prioritizing tasks and commitments can guide professional decisions and personal growth. The emphasis on focusing on the 20% that will produce the 80% highlights the significance of setting clear priorities.
9. Being present in personal interactions and significant moments is crucial for fostering meaningful connections and maintaining personal well-being. Anita Anand’s reflection on the importance of being present underscores the value of cherishing significant moments.
10. Self-grace and self-care are integral for managing personal and professional challenges. Acknowledging the need for self-grace and the emphasis on self-discovery highlight the significance of prioritizing personal well-being amidst professional pursuits.
05:40 Progressed from intern to senior manager.
06:20 Continued role growth at Brady Ware firm.
10:58 Values ground and define me, shaping my identity.
14:58 Appreciate global perspective, support, and understanding.
18:57 Balancing work and personal life for success.
22:15 Balancing family and work, focusing on presence.
25:16 Natural evolution, appreciating supportive people, building support.
26:11 Building an unexpected support system brings unexpected joy.
31:46 Setting boundaries is essential for personal success.
33:53 Brady Ware announces women’s initiative
Anita Anand has dedicated over 17 years to her career in accounting, spending the first decade with a national firm before joining Brady Ware. She values learning from the experiences of others and believes in the power of sharing knowledge and lessons. In her 7 years at Brady Ware, Anita has enjoyed her time and the challenges that have come with it and looks forward to continuing her professional journey.
Hosted by Betty Collins, CPA, and Director at Brady Ware and Company. Betty also serves as the Committee Chair for Empowering Women, and Director of the Brady Ware Women Initiative. Each episode is presented by Brady Ware and Company, committed to empowering women to go their distance in the workplace and at home.
For more information, go to the Insights page at Brady Ware and Company.
Forward our podcast along to other Inspiring Women in your life.