The “nevers” became my opportunities once I chose to consider them.
Why do we say “never” first?
- Youth and inexperience
- Lack of confidence
- Easy is easier
- No guidance
- Fear is paralyzing
My “nevers” included:
- Never – going to use my accounting degree
- Never – going to be a CPA
- Never – going to be the employer, content with being an employee
- Never – going to merge
My “never” became “Maybe, OK, Probably” and finally “Yes” due to influencers and facing my challenges.
What are your challenges?
- Do you value who you are – no one will ever value you as much as YOU
- Are you leveraging your uniqueness?
- Are you paralyzed by fear?
- When and how you do say NO – that is not a never!
“Nevers” just may be your opportunities. Be more aware of the people in your life. Ask more questions versus acceptance. No one will value you more than you. Paralyzed by fear, you will miss your moment. Leverage your uniqueness, it is your journey.
This is THE podcast that advances women toward economic, social and political achievement. Hosted by Betty Collins, CPA, and Director at Brady Ware and Company. Betty also serves as the Committee Chair for Empowering Women, and Director of the Brady Ware Women’s Initiative. Each episode is presented by Brady Ware and Company, committed to empowering women to go their distance in the workplace and at home.
For more information, go to the Resources page at Brady Ware and Company.
Remember to follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts. And forward our podcast along to other Inspiring Women in your life.
Image already added